Friday 11 December 2009

My Trip to Florence and Pisa

Florence, or ‘Firenze’, has always been one of my humans’ favourite cities. They had often told me how the place was filled with sights to see and was the ‘capital’ of Renaissance art.

So, imagine how excited I was when they said that they were going there again and that this time they would be taking me with them! Not only that, during our trip, we were also going to take in a visit to Pisa. Man, I couldn’t wait to set off.
Here’s a road map showing our journey from Milan to Florence to Pisa and back again.


We had a long journey from Milan down to Florence on Friday night. Eventually, we arrived at our hotel...

Ta da! This is me making myself at home in our hotel room in Florence.


The room had an excellent view over the Arno River.


Let me show you some of the wonderful places we visited during our trip around the city...

First, we stopped at the Basilica of Santa Croce. This was right next to our hotel. It contains the tombs of many famous Italians, including Michelangelo and Galileo.


Here’s Dad and me walking around Florence’s Duomo...


... and here we are outside of the Baptistery.


Next, we gazed at the world famous Ponte Vecchio.


Doesn’t it look booti-ful by night?


From the Ponte Vecchio, it was a short stroll to Piazza della Signoria.


This is the heart of Florence and it is crammed with artistic masterpieces.


Palazzo Vecchio by night.


Me and Missus in front of the Loggia dei Lanzi .


We decided to stop and pose with some of the wonderful sculptures on view...

The statue behind me and dad is by Giambologna and is called the 'Rape of the Sabine Women' .


This is 'Perseus with the head of Medusa' by Cellini.


Behind us is a replica of 'David', the world famous sculpture by Michalangelo.


The statuesque man in the background is 'Hercules'. (The not-so-statuesque man in the foreground is ‘Dad’).


On our travels through Florence, we came across loads of other doggies. Here’s a few...

This human was more eager to pose than his dog!


A booti-ful Labrador...


... and another.


However, none of the dogs of Florence were as popular as yours truly...

... Man, they couldn’t take their hands off me.


Even the booti-ful girls were clamouring to have their photos taken with me.


Anyway, our time in Florence was soon over. I got a little excited when I thought I heard my humans mention something about Pizza! Yeah, I love Pizza...

... Unfortunately, it turned out that they meant Pisa. D’oh!


Me, Missus and Dad in front of the 'Leaning Tower of Pisa'.


Me and Dad in front of Pisa’s Duomo.


Dad stuffing his face, while I went hungry. Sigh!


Of course, we met even more dogs whilst in Pisa...

... Look at this odd couple.


But, as usual, I continued to soak up the attention...

...me and the little humans of Pisa.What a great trip!

I can’t wait for my next holiday in Italy. Ciao!

13 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo were one furry popular khanine!

Tank woo fur sharing your pawesome trip!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Boy, Homer, you sure are a well traveled fellow. We love to see your adventures.

Love your Christmas card, we got it a few days ago.

Tucker and Daisy

Golden Samantha said...

Wow Homer - what a great trip! My mom and dad went to Santa Croce and the Duomo in Firenze a year ago and loved it so much!!! They are just green with envy reading your post and looking at your pix!!! Can't wait to hear about your next journey! Happy Holidays xo Hugs xo
Sammie

Lorenza said...

Homer!
You had a pawesome trip!
Thanks to your pictures I felt like I was there with you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ms. ~K said...

Homer,
You and Mom and Dad go to the coolest places!
Hope you finally got some real pizza!
Arrivederci!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

WOWOWOOOOOOO HOMIE!!!!
What a great great trip you had with your family!!!
But pleaseeeeeeeeeeee...can you tell to your humans next time we want come with you?????!!!!!!!!!!!
Pleaseeeeeeeeeee.....
You look sooooooooooooooo beautiful....and we loved watching with you all the beautiful places you visited!!!!
Thanks for taking us along with you!!!!
Your missus is sooooooooooooooo beautiful.....
;-))))))))
We hope to meet you and your humans again very very very soon!!!!
WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic trip you went on! Wow! Such beautiful pictures. We are jealous.

I hope one of these days we can make it for a visit to Italy. So many sites to see!!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Hi There ... It's Sugar here. WOW! What a great trip. Thanks for sharing the photos. My family has been there so they are familiar with some of the photos. Anyway ...
Just checking in if you received my ecard as part of the DWB Exchange Holiday Card ... if not it is posted on my blog. Looking forward to be blog friends.
Just want to wish you and your family Happy Holidays. I just posted my last post for the year ... we are going on a holiday break. Lots of Golden Holiday Woofs, Sugar

Pipa said...

Sooooooooooooooooo many beautiful places there!!!

I bet you'll fall in love with an italian. You're too handsome to be alone!!!


:)

D.K. Wall said...

What a fantastic trip. And how many pawtographs did you have to give?

Augie and Ti's mom said...

I've been to Florence! OK,it was a looooong time ago, but your pics brought back lots of memories! Mr. Homer,of course you were the most popular, since you are the most handsome ;) Do you have an Italian girlfriend yet?

Lacy said...

w00fs, what a wonderful trip u all had..u all looks very happy...i has no doubts that u wuz the most popular one..

b safe,
~rocky~

Unknown said...

wowwwwwwww homer.. your are a lucky dog.. Florence,,, Pizza.. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
grate vogaye...
a big hug friend..