Monday 27 December 2010

Homer's Happy Christmas 2010 - Part 1

Burp! (Oops - sorry). Well, Christmas is now over and what a fantastic time I had. We took so many photos that I'm going to have to split my Christmas story into two blogs.

First of all, let me tell you about the wonderful food I got to eat. We always have turkey for Christmas lunch and this year was no exception. Normally, Missus chooses a bird which weighs at least 7kg. Unfortunately, it was almost impossible to find one of that size here in Italy. So, we had to settle for a turkey weighing a mere 3.5kg!

The 'scrawny' turkey, all prepared, stuffed and ready to go into the oven.

Before putting it into the oven, there was one final ritual which I perform every year without fail - worshipping the 'Turkey God'.

"Hail almighty Turkey God, I worship thee!" Drool...

Whilst the turkey was roasting in the oven, Missus began to prepare the other trimmings...

...such as Dad's all time favourite - Yorkshire puddings.

Unfortunately, Missus did not manage to prepare a full traditional English Christmas lunch because it was not easy to get some of the ingredients here in Italy. She has vowed not to make the same mistake again and will allocate more time for next year's Christmas preparations.

Anyway, she didn't disappoint. My (I mean our) Christmas lunch. Yummy!

I was spellbound by the sumptuous food on the table. The Turkey God was trying to 'seduce' me.

As the saying goes 'The spirit was strong but the body was weak'. Here I am trying to steal some food from the table when the humans weren't watching.

I was trying my best to get hold of that darn bird. Sadly, Missus caught me in the act. As it was Christmas, she let me off the hook with a stern warning.

My Christmas lunch. Turkey, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and carrots. Booti-ful!

After lunch, my humans had a Christmas log cake. I was only allowed to have a small piece.

Oh well folks, that's all for the time being, but watch out for my next blog: Homer's Happy Christmas 2010 - Part 2.

10 comments:

Angus said...

That looks like a pretty fine Christmas.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

It looks like a grand feast to us, Homer. We had turkey too and got to have some added to our kibble last night. We don't think there was much left over, but we are hoping for some tonight too.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Dexter said...

Homer,
Thanks for your good thoughts about the seizure monster. Not much I can do except go about my business and hope he doesn't come back.

That holiday spread sure looks nommy. You are one lucky guy, but better watch the way you look at the foodables on the table. Don't let the humans think you might actually steal some. Hehehe.

Slobbers,
Mango

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Those pikhs are inkhredible!!!

Woo paid GReat homage to the Turkey God!!!

Mom was able to snag a turkey nekhk fur me! I khan't wait 'til she lets me have it!

Thanks fur sharing your great meal with us!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly the Airedale said...

What a beautiful Christmas meal! You are one lucky boy, Homer!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

D.K. Wall said...

Homer - we understand. That Christmas dinner smell is awesome!

How Sam Sees It said...

Cute pictures - but your making all of us hungry again!

Sam

Anonymous said...

OMG, to a new foodie that dinner looks devine! YOu surely can't be to blame for climbing up for a taste. at least you got your own bowl! phew...

and yes, we know about finding ingrediants. i still cannot find Pine nuts (pignoli nuts)... an Italian MUST have in the pantry and I can't find UNsweetened chocolate. yes, in this country i can't find UNsweetened chocolate. sigh.

but your dinner looks delicious!

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Homer you are one lucky dog. Great photos of your christmas lunch. Yum! Take care, no worries, love Carol.

Lucille said...

Hi Homer,
what a wonderful turkey!
I surely would have helped you to catch it! Yummy food!!!
Nice table... wow... lots of real nice food for you...
And the cake with all its garnishments? Did your Missus prepare that one also? She is truly great!

PS: my human says that she is sorry not to have caught your Missus on line but we had friends over tonight, so she was not able to reply to Missus... She will call tomorrow...

XXX
Lucille