Saturday 30 June 2012

Se7en!

Aroo… rooo…ROOOO!!!

Today has been fantastic! Do you want to know why?

Because it’s my BARKDAY! I am SUPER SEVEN years old today and what a day I had. I woke up to the wonderful smell of Missus baking me a cake.

Ta-da! Here’s my cake, almost completed, in the shape of a number ‘7’.

As always, I was there to lend a helping paw in the kitchen. (And if anything was to fall off the worktop, I’d be only too happy to clean up. Heheheh.)

Sadly, Missus never drops a thing… BAH!

Anyway, the cake was finally finished, resplendent with sausage trimmings and (thanks to Missus’ obsession with safaris) African wildlife creatures roaming around on top.
Of course, before I got a chance to eat my cake, I had to go through the obligatory ‘Birthday-Boy’ photoshoot…

My ‘miserable-sod’ face didn’t win me any cake slices…

…so I tried my ‘happy’ face. But still no cake…

…Maybe my ‘hungry’ face would win the humans over?

No? How about my ‘winning-smile’ face?

“For Dog’s sake! Just give me some cake!”

I even had to endure a smoochy kiss from Missus! Yucks!

We still weren’t done. One more pose with my presents around me.

Then finally, I had some cake to eat. YAY!

Of course my day wasn’t only about the cake. We also went out for a nice a walk in one of Singapore’s parks. I’ll tell you all about that in my next blog. For now I’m too busy eating cake.

Bye for now.

16 comments:

Finn said...

Happy 7th birthday!!!! What a cool cake! Glad you had a good day!

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so happy that you finally got cake! Happy 7th birthday, Homer!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

KT and Easton said...

Dear Homer, I am wishing you a very happy barkday - from your pal Easton. Your cake looks yummy and I am seeking out my Dad to give me lot's of cookies cause you are making me hungry. Enjoy the day, loves and Golden kisses to everyone.

Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Wow- you are seven!?! You don't look a day over two! Glad you had a blast!!!!!

Summer said...

Summer wonders why Homer didn't invite her over for cake! Surely there'd be some crumbs left :P

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Happy Birthday, Homer - seven is a great number!!! With the great job you did on your beautiful photoshoot, you deserve to get that whole cake. Yummers, it sure looks good to us.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

brooke said...

Happy 7th Birthday Homer!
That's such a fancy cake!

Lorenza said...

Happy Happy Happy Barkday, Homer!
Sure it was not easy to get your yummilicious cake!
Hard work, right?
But... it worth at the end!
I know you had a pawesome day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

As Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer sang - SEVEN IS THE NUMBER!

Happy Homer Day!!!!!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Life of Riley said...

Happy BarkDay Homer! I'm glad you got to enjoy your cake and had a nice day.

Seven woofs to you my friend,
Love
Riley

How Sam Sees It said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Homer! We hope you had a fantastic day!

Sam

Urban Smoothie Read said...

hi homer,

happy 7th birthday to u...

jessej said...

happy bark day, sorry i missed the actual day-- but glad you made it there because your cake looked barklicious- great photos, kudos to your misses. happy 7th!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Handsome Homer! I have been so busy with this moving stuff, I didn't see your wonderful birthday post! Happy belated Birthday wishes Birthday Boy! I LOVE your cake..especially the lion on it...nyom nyom...Super! Well..we send big paw wishes that you have a great 7th year with many adventures and treats I'm sure. xxx

Dog By Nature said...

Happy belated Birthday Homer! Your cake looked pawesome, bet it was delicious! Hope you're keeping well.

AugieDoggy.com said...

Sorry we missed your birthday! Looks like it was fun, though! Wishing you many more!